Welcome to Affinity Counseling Services.
It takes a lot of courage to start this process, so whether you are here for yourself or for someone you care about, know that we are pleased to be part of your journey. In an effort to make this as informative and simple as possible, we have broken the process down into a few clear steps that explain how to get started and what to expect as you begin the counseling or life coaching experience.
- Look over the website.
- Call the office at (405) 582-2929 or (405) 865-2929. We will answer any questions you might have and if you wish to begin services or make a referral, we will collect the basic information needed to start the process. There is absolutely no pressure and if we don’t provide the services you are looking for, we will try to connect you with someone who does.
- We are happy to match you with a clinician that we believe will best meet your needs, or you can browse through our Counselors/Life Coaches information under the Agency Staff tab and choose your own clinician. If the clinician you choose is unavailable because of your location or schedule, we will work with you to make another selection.
- You will receive a call from your Counselor/Life Coach, who will work with you to schedule a time and location for your first appointment.
- Your first appointment will include signing documents, explaining services, and answering any questions you might have. It also typically includes the collection of data needed to assess the services you might need and to begin developing a treatment plan. This is a necessary first step but is not a typical counseling session, so don’t be discouraged if the first session is not what you expected counseling/life coaching to be like.
- Your counseling/life coaching experience will be tailored to meet your specific needs. You will build a trusting therapeutic relationship with your clinician and will begin working toward your goals.
- We believe that the therapeutic relationship is critically important and for that reason we request that you work with your clinician for several weeks and then assess that relationship. If for any reason you feel that you would prefer to work with someone else, you can give that information to your current clinician or call the office directly to make the request. At Affinity, we are all committed to you getting the services you need and are happy to transfer you until you find a good fit.
- We have clinicians who cater to the needs of and are culturally and religiously sensitive to the needs of Hispanic clients, as well as Asian and Middle Eastern clients. They can provide services in Spanish and South Asian languages, including Hindi, Urdu, and Punjabi.
- Clinicians provide counseling services in limited areas within the state of Oklahoma. This information is located on their various staff pages. Life Coaching is available for clients nationwide utilizing phone, skype, and /or other technology.